Who are we?
The Fermilab Student & Postdoc Association (FSPA) represents the community of early career researchers at Fermilab, including all students, postdocs, summer students, and interns.
What do we do?
We organize events throughout the year, including the New Perspectives conference and annual Fermilab vs. Argonne Soccer Match, and cosponsor many smaller social events designed to engage the community of students, postdocs, and other early career researchers local to Fermilab. FSPA also acts as custodian of long-lived documents, such as the Fermilab Guide to Life, and provides resources via the FSPA webpages.
And, we’re a great resource that’s available to you if you’ve got any questions or problems while you’re at Fermilab. If you have any questions for the officers feel free to send an email to email@example.com.
The FSPA mission
Each year, a core group of democratically elected officers oversees the utilization of funds allocated to FSPA by the Fermi Research Alliance (FRA), via the Fermilab Directorate, towards the accomplishment of two key aspects of the FSPA mission:
- Support the community of students, postdocs, and all other early career researchers at Fermilab by performing endeavors such as
- Providing resources
- Organizing social events and the annual New Perspectives Conference
- Holding professional development activities
- Organizing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion related activities
- Act as a liaison between students/postdocs and the Fermilab directorate